Monday, March 19, 2007

Deal or No Deal

Editorial note by the daughter who posts, 3/27/07: I didn't find this in blog purgatory... I actually found it in the WHOLE NEW BLOG that Nancy Jones apparently accidentally made herself. She is better at this blogging business than she thinks... not only does she know how to post, she knows how to make a whole new blog!

A few nights ago I went to Granny's and she was watching Deal or No Deal. It is always on if it's a night that it is on TV. I had seen it out there several times when it first came on. But on the night in question, she said, "I watch this show all of the time, but I still don't know a thing about it. I just watch them acting so silly. I don't know a thing about what they are trying to do." When I tried to explain that it was good to open the cases with a small amount of money, she said, "Oh, I know that by the way they carry on." She had never figured out about the banker or any of that stuff or what the purpose was.

Angela went for Jr. Soph and on to Judson so we brought Josh back home with us from Birmingham. We got in about 4:00 am so he spent the night with us. The next day he got up and decided to go out and clean up the pontoon boat. He did a really good job and came in and called us on the intercom and was wanting us to come see what he had done. I got out of bed and went out to see. I found a step stool, but it still wasn't really tall enough for my bad knees, but I was managing to get up there when all of a sudden, he grabbed me and pulled me up onto the boat. He doesn't know that you have to be really careful not to surprise old incontinent women, but thankfully I had protection. Then I went to the back of the boat and was checking it out when he came bouncing back there. The boat wasn't leveled or secured and when he came back there with me the boat did just like a see saw. I went falling to the back and then falling to the front before I landed across the steering wheel. Protection will just accomodote so much! But by some miracle I was protected the third time when he took me by surprise when I started to get down. He reached up and grabbed me with me hollering no. He started going backwards, and I was sure we would both fall and I would smash him to death. He managed to regain his balance and we were safe. The next project he wanted to do was to drain the swimming pool. We had the pump in, but he wanted to engineer this series of pipes on the drain. He had one long pipe trying to poke it in the hole of the other unsuccessfully and he just kept saying, "Poor Angela." So maybe Jennifer, you are worrying too much. In the process of all of that, he was absolutely filthy and soaked. He said, "What are we going to do about me?" I wasn't sure what he meant and asked, "What do you mean?" He said, "I'm so wet and dirty." I said he could just do what we did and strip down to his drawers right inside the door before he got to the carpet and that I would go into another part of the house. Well, I looked up in a minute and he had stripped down to his drawers on the front porch. He went on to the shower and I heard this terrible sound sort of like when you get burned from getting the water all of the way over to hot. I went to the door and asked him if he was ok and he said he thought he was now. When he got out of the shower, he wrapped a towel around him with the slit in the back, not the side, and came in the kitchen and asked me what he was going to do for clothes. He said that we needed to do something about our water pressure. I asked him what he meant and he said our water pressure was dangerous. When I asked why, he said, "Well the water pressure is so strong, it may cause infertility." That was what the painful sound was all about. See Jennifer, we don't have to worry yet.

On Valentine's night, Josh leaned over to kiss Angela and his pants fell down to the floor and tonight he lost them again. He just wears big, baggy white underwear. I think we are going to have to try to buy him some fancier ones since he is showing them so much.

I have a cousin that is in his early 70's who lost his wife about 1 1/2 years ago. His wife, Norma, used to always tell him that if she died first, he needed to marry a widow friend of theirs. He would just fuss and say that she was too old for him and that he wished she wouldn't say that. Tonight I found out that Peggy had gone to Fort Worth lingerie shopping and she and Lawrence will be married March 31. She will be a blushing bride; everything embarrasses her. I think they will be very happy, but I keep thinking about Norma telling him that was the thing for him to do several years before she died. I am taking applications for someone to marry Steve if I die first. Anyone have any ideas? It seems to work pretty well to have a prescreening and tell your husband who he should marry.

Lily, I thought the day had finally come yesterday that we would finally get to play with each other. We went right through Prattville, but the other two family members were too sickly to stop. Of course, they have already seen you. One of these days I may run away from home temporarily and come to see you.

Everyone needs to be good and do something of value! Love you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

It really is too bad that you nay never get any grandchildren until Susan just sticks some little babies in her suitcase on one of her trips.

Lily says that maybe one day she will run away too and ya'll can meet up somewhere. She doesn't go very fast yet so it'll probably have to be Millbrook or somewhere nearby.

3/27/2007 2:18 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I saw a prime candidate today.

3/28/2007 12:03 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Happy Mother's Day late Nancy Jones! Even though I really DIDNT tell Angela on the phone, I hope it was a great day.

5/14/2007 12:03 PM  
Blogger Mandy Mc said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Enjoy time with your special girls and eat lots of cake for all of your many fans.

5/23/2007 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home