Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I Would Think Anyone Would Know

CAUTION: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CONTAINS ADULT MATERIAL!!!!!!! PERHAPS THIS ISN'T PROPER TO DISCUSS

In this day and time, I would think most anyone would know the location of a vagina and that you don't use it for urinating. However, last night I was asked to tell someone that a vagina was not located in a specified spot (approximately a third of the way between the belly button and the actual location, but more toward the belly button) that was being pointed to. I can see how that location might be handy for sex, but how in the world could a woman pee from her vagina (well that's a question in itself) if it were there? Good gracious, what would it be like to be in a very crowded place like an elevator with people brushing against your vagina or the greeters at Walmart giving you a grocery cart right at your vagina? However it would be less of a problem to go to the Dr. Judi Favor. What would you have to do on your birthday, turn a pad into a surgical dressing?

I can't believe that any college student has not seen that part of the anatomy in a textbook, encyclopedia, or at least the suspected site on a scantily dressed woman on TV. As common as childbirth is on TV, I would have thought he would have seen enough to figure out more than that.

Well, Jay is no longer ignorant. I suggested the World Book, but when no appropriate reference was found, he instead learned from a personal tutor. His girlfriend sat him down and said any 22 year old should know where a vagina is. I guess he might be a virgin, do you think? I think that part is really good though. I heard her saying something that made me think she was doing a drawing. Sure enough, she had a paper and his face, well his whole head and neck, was as red as a beet. I kept hearing her say, "No, Jay, no, I can't believe you don't know this and he kept saying "Well, I can't help it, I haven't had any way of knowing it." He was especially shocked that a woman didn't pee out out of her vagina. With three (not two as he thought) distinct circles drawn and explained, he became quite educated. Now he knows the proper location I assume, unless he is a very slow learner. The tutor might should have used a doll as she explained. The whole lesson needed to be taped, or at least an audio of it. I couldn't hear it all, but what I could hear while I was doing the dishes was so funny. He kept saying that he believed he would have been able to figure it out on a naked woman. She said, "Well, maybe so, but I know when I get married, I don't want my husband under the cover with a flashlight trying to figure it out." I'm not sure he ever figured out exactly how it would all line up, but maybe he will one day have a wife that will patiently explain that part to him. This tutor was only interested in him knowing the physical location of this part of a woman's anatomy. I am thankful that she would never have thought of having show and tell as a teaching method.

I told her that if they ever broke up, at least he would walk away having learned one thing from the relationship - where a vagina is.

One night I had overheard a discussion about how society seemed to think it was fine for a woman to be exposed on TV, but not a man. I heard Jay say, but vagina equals penis and it would not be ok for a naked man because his penis would be seen. I still haven't figured out how he thought a woman could have been shown in a full view without her vagina showing according to where he thought it was.

I hope nobody has read this without some good laughs, and I really hope it doesn't offend anyone, but I'm not sure my older daughter has any friends that would think this is offensive. If so, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be ugly.

I said I wanted to put this story on my blog and she said go ahead. I hope she meant it.

I promote virginity except in commode plungers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I think that since "Jay" came into your life, it's not so boring at all. I mean, you apparently got a very entertain anatomy lesson yesterday. You're laughing and learning. I can just hear Angela...it may be too funny for me to think about at work!

1/18/2007 11:11 AM  
Blogger hannah/sk's mommy said...

Your blog may be one of the most interesting ones I have ever read.

1/21/2007 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home