Monday, February 12, 2007

Finally, I can blog again

I have had blogging problems again. By now I don't know if I can remember anything I had to tell. Jay's girlfriend told me about a Jay story when he got stuck horizontally on a stair case that had vertical bars instead of a wall. Before she told the story, she said, Jay is like the little boy who kept calling "Goat" all of the time. (Goat - Wolf, does it really make any difference? Goats are supposed to eat anything, but would that include a little boy?) He started trying to slip through the bars like he used to do all of the time. Evidentally forgetting that he had grown, he got stuck and was yelling, "Help, help, Momma, Momma" over and over. He just kept on and on yelling because he had called "Goat" too many times. Finally, his girlfriend went and told his parents that Jay needed help. While his dad went to get the saw, Momma said "If you got yourself in there, surely you can get out the same way." And he finally did.

Once he hung himself upside down from a tree because he didn't think he would need the ladder and kicked it out from under him. A neighbor called and asked his dad if everything was ok over there. His dad was taking a nap and had told the neighbor that Jay was just playing, he was fine. Finally with the insisting of the neighbor, Dad got up and went to check on Jay to find that he really was hanging helplessly from the tree, but thankfully upside down instead of around the neck. Thankfully, his dad went to check. (I know some Dads that would have just turned over and went back to sleep, so Susan and Angela you better not hang yourself when your dad is taking a nap.) Jay was trying something he had seen on some movie. The girlfriend said it was just a few years ago according to his parents. But he insisted that it was many years ago.

To change the subject, I have three easy roll recipes that you might want to try. I have typed them all once, but lost them all. I'll try again.

Beer Rolls

4 c. Bisquick (or 3 3/4 self-rising flour and 1/2 c. oil) or (3 3/4 plain flour, 6 t. baking powder, 2 t. salt, and 1/2 c. oil)
3 T. sugar
12 oz. beer

Mix all together well and pour into a greased muffin tin. (I'm not sure, but I think it makes 24; been too long since I had anyone to buy me beer.) Bake at 375 about 20 min.

This recipe should be easy for everyone, except Beth. She will have to figure out how she can get some beer to make hers. Maybe she can get some when they go out of town. I'm sure she would run smack into the most gossippy deacon's wife if she tried to put some in her grocery cart.

Party Rolls

2 c. self-rising flour
1 stick margarine
8 oz sour cream
2 T. sugar, if desired

Melt margarine in microwave in a large bowl. Add sour cream, sugar, and flour. Mix all together well.
Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake 25-30 min. at 350. Serve hot.

Mayo Rolls

1 c. self-rising flour (or 1c. flour, 1/2 t. salt, 1 t. baking powder)
1/2 cup milk
1 T. sugar
1/4 c. mayonaise or 3 heaping T.

Mix all together well. Pour into greased muffin tins. Makes 6 large rolls. Bake at 400 for 15 min. If you want to roll them out, decrease milk a little. Roll out and cut. Serve hot.


Last Saturday, I was of value to someone. Such a great feeling! I had to go to Walmart for Granny and stocked up on us a few things. When I left this poor old man had lost his car. I helped him for one hour before we found it. The two of us looked for 30 min. and we called his wife and all three of us looked for 30 more minutes. Everyone was at Walmart shopping for Valenine's Day evidentally. Traffic was like before Christmas. Finally I just went ahead and looked where he had kept telling us that he knew he had not parked. I recognized that as a good clue from the start, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. He really was not all that far away when he came out of the store, but he just needed to go on two more sets of rows. The funniest thing was when I dialed his wife for him and she answered. He said, "Ms. Sarah, could you come to Walmart and help me find my car?"

Later that night, Granny called over here and jumped all over Steve telling him he had to get out of that bed. She said "I'm afraid Nancy is about to leave us if you don't stay out of that bed. She is really getting bad off - she is having to try to pick up an old man at Walmart." We think she was kidding, but who knows?? We'll see if she sends me back to Walmart again.

I hope everyone has a very nice Valentine's Day, and none of you have to go to Walmart to look for you someone to love. Love all of you! Do something of value!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mandy Mc said...

Please blog again! I am in desperate need of one of your funny stories. I keep checking and checking and checking...the blogs are boring without you Mammy!

2/26/2007 6:17 PM  
Blogger Mandy Mc said...

Thanks for the comment, Mammy. You're the best! Guess what? I get to see "the daughter that posts" tomorrow in NYC. Maybe I can convince her that we should call you and help you find the new way to post! It took me a little bit to get my blog changed over too so I compelely understand.

2/28/2007 5:20 PM  
Blogger Mammy said...

I can't even make a comment.

3/03/2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger Mammy said...

I can't even make a comment.

3/03/2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger Mammy said...

But I guess I can make 2.

3/03/2007 8:58 PM  
Blogger Mammy said...

I think dementia has hit. Today I had Granny's dirty clothes in a garbage bag and took them to the trash container instead of bringing them in the house to wash. Several hours later I wondered where they were and then I backtracked to that heavy garbage I threw in the bin. Sure enough, there they were.

3/03/2007 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home