Monday, November 02, 2009

Crazy Mammy is Fine Just a Little Crazier

It's been a very long time since I have tried to blog. Lots of crazy things have happened, but I can't think of one single thing to tell about. My memory is about gone. I guess I will just have to tell you about our cat, Zorro. Angela gets so mad because Steve Jones calls the cat Angela a big portion of the time. He tries not to do it, but you just lose control of lots of things when you get old. For example, he was walking down the hospital corridor and his pants fell down to his ankles.

Oh, I'll tell you about Zorro's trick later. I must tell you about Granny's new electric scooter. I called the Scooter Store, Granny and I go to the doctor to get the papers filled out, the man delivers it, she takes her lessons, and we think everything is ready to go. She is in assisted living now and one of the employees was helping Granny "drive" in the hall the next day. (Oh by the way, she had originally told me not to have it delivered to the Cottage in town, but to have it delivered here because she would need to learn to ride it out here where there wasn't so much traffic on the roads.) The manager of the Cottage told them that she could not ride it yet. According to Granny, she said she had to have a license, but she had told me she had to have $300,000 of liability insurance because those things are very dangerous. I was trying to get the insurance arranged and bought when Granny told me that she was going to have to have a license. She asked me if I would just have to go to the Court House and get her a license. I told her that I was taking care of it But then again later she came back to the topic (as you do when you get older, Can't you tell from this blog?) and asked me about getting her license. I told her that I thought they were talking about insurance and I should have it by the next day. Then very thoughtfully, but very put out she asked, "Am I going to have to have a tag too?" That whole idea just cracks me up thinking about how funny it would be for scooters to have to have personalized tags. I want to have a little contest to see who can come up with the best personalized scooter tag. The prize will be having lunch with your choice of Steve Jones, Granny, or me, or any combination. I think I might need to go ahead and "adopt" one because if the politicians ever get wind of this idea they might put it into law.

I'll try to come up with a good blog and post it later.

Can Uds. (I'm learning Spanish) believe that it is already November and don't you just hate this time? The holidays are quickly coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home