Friday, September 15, 2006

Mammy's Boring Life

Mammy's Boring Life

I think I found the right thing to write a blog post, if only I had something interesting to write.

I am the proud mother of two responsible adults now. My older called and took care of two "business" type things. My younger brought home a beautiful first pay check. I love them both so much and I'm so proud of both of them.

Some of you may think you know lots about churches, but I can give you some details about things that you probably never knew existed. I think I may be writing Guiness World Book of Records. Our little church just got even smaller. On Wednesday night, counting Steve and I, we had a grand total of 6 in attendance. There was a difference of opinion during the business meeting and the church split. If you think members get on each other's nerves in a medium or large-sized church, you don't know anything until you go to a micro mini church. Then it is important that the person that mows the grass blows it off the sidewalk, so that the person who cleans the church doesn't have to sweep the sidewalk. Also it becomes very important to decide what kind of information goes and does not go on a church sign. We'll see what takes place on Sunday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

You are SO funny. I'm proud of you for figuring out how to post again.

9/18/2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

So who won? The grass-cutter or the church-cleaner? Maybe there should be a third job that is only the sidewalk sweeper!

9/18/2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

The last time I heard, the church-cleaner had won. She usually does.

9/19/2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger Mammy said...

No, she is the grass cutter and he is the church cleaner. However, they are very, very traditional as to what women and men can do "in church." Meg, would you like to be the grass sweeper? You are into that big church stuff - we are micro mini. One day an 80 year old did sweep part of the sidewalk, but I told her not to worry about it. I was afraid she would have a hear attack. She is the most abled person left. I guess I could, but I'm the relief mower and the weed eater and the finder of little things that need to be done, like trying to keep everyone happy. Furthermore the cleaning person is the only person that gets paid for his job, so I think he should just suck it up and sweep
because he always says "he's working for the Lord." I figure the Lord is just as pleased with him for sweeping the sidewalk really good as cleaning the toilets.

9/19/2006 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home